Sunday 7 October 2012

Autumn Wines at Costco UK

I know a number of our readers and tasters have Costco cards.  We buy a lot of food there for our large Village hall wine tasting dinners.  I really like the selection of wines at Costco in Reading and here below are my top recommendations of the ones I have tasted recently.  My top recommendation is a Rioja as good as any I have ever tried and it is under £15 (inc VAT) at Costco.   Don't just take my word for it - click here for our tasting notes last Christmas.  It is the Rioja Alta Vina Ardanza Reserva Especial 2001 - don't miss this one.

A fantastic Rioja
Another of my current tipples and at just under £10 (inc VAT)  is Jim Barry's The Cover Drive, a lovely Cabernet Sauvignon from South East Australia.  It has a good cassis flavour and makes an excellent pairing for your Sunday Roast Lamb or autumn barbeque.

A current favourite
There are also some other lovely wines at over £20 which I recommend for that special occasion.  These include the Errazuriz Don Maxiimiano which is\another gorgeous complex Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile.  I also love the Hamilton Russell Vineyards Pinot Noir from South Africa which is made in the Burgundy style.  For Italian fans there are still a few left of the Tenuta San Guido which is the fantastic second wine of Sassicaia a prestige Super Tuscan maker.

Three top wines at good prices
Happy autumn drinking!

Our dog Harley this morning in autumnal scenery at Puttenham Common


No comments: